Commercial Manager – Industrial Services
WasteRecruit have been retained by a leading industrial services company to source and select a Commercial Manager.
This company specialise in tank cleaning, high pressure water jetting and other industrial services. They work across a range of sectors including cement production, power and manufacturing.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for ensuring delivery of site services to key customers in accordance with established contracts, developing relationships and enhancing the company’s reputation and standing with those customers to broaden the scope of existing contracts and explore new opportunities.
- Ensure the effective and efficient delivery of all services as per existing contracts with key customers.
- Close liaison with those customers to ensure customer satisfaction and taking steps to improve the company’s reputation to ensure they are the contractor of choice for existing services and additional works.
- Seek to maximise earnings from existing customers by developing and expanding the services provided.
- Take the lead on re-negotiating and re-tendering for contracted site works to ensure that the company retains current contracts.
- Identify and develop new industrial services sales opportunities away from core customer base.
- Deputise for General Manager during periods of absence
- Formal management qualification/MBA desirable.
- Degree or HND level in Engineering (Chemical/Mechanical) desirable.
- Experience of working in the delivery of contracted site services at a management level.
- Proven record of successfully negotiating contracts with senior management/board level
- Experience of preparing draft tender documents for major contracts.
- Experience within the cement industry desirable
- Detailed knowledge of industrial services operations at a commercial management level.
- IT literate: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrable strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Full driving licence.