Our client is a leading independently owned waste management company, specialising in chemical waste transport and disposal. A vacancy currently exists for a Site Chemist to be based at the company’s hazardous waste treatment facility in the South East. Main duties will include:
- Analysing all incoming loads in a timely fashion, designating process routes to site personnel.
- Operating all laboratory processes in a safe and efficient manner, using the correct Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ensuring the provision of the correct documentation for all incoming and outgoing loads.
- Assisting the Manager to ensure incoming loads/enquiries are priced in a timely fashion.
- Providing analytical information that will optimise vehicle turnaround time, processing efficiency and customer service.
- Providing site and laboratory cover at all times taking a flexible approach to break times and providing reasonable out of hours cover when required.
Applications are invited from candidates with:
- Degree in chemistry
- Experience in the waste industry (an advantage but not essential)
- Enthusiasm to learn the operation of a Waste Transfer Station and/or Treatment Processing Plant
- Ability to apply chemical theory to good industrial/waste management practice.
- Flexible and co-operative attitude and approach.
- Ability to work in a team or individually.
- Willingness to undertake COTC qualification.