Waste Technical Assessor/Laboratory Analyst
Our client is an Environmental & Waste Management company who supports a wide range of clients in the safe and environmentally responsible disposal of their hazardous waste. A vacancy currently exists for a Site Chemist to join the company’s team at their Hazardous Waste Treatment & Transfer Station in the North West.
- BSc in a Scientific Discipline (ideally Chemistry or Environmental Chemistry, minimum HNC)
- Positive, hardworking, team player.
- Keen to develop new skills and knowledge.
- UK Driving Licence.
- Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- 1 years’ experience working as a Technical Assessor or Laboratory Analyst on a hazardous waste transfer station.
- Experience of operating various laboratory equipment including ED-XRF, Karl Fisher Titration, Oxygen Bomb Calorimeter, and various wet chemistry techniques.
- To conduct desk based pre-acceptance assessment of hazardous waste enquiries in accordance to WM3.
- To conduct laboratory analysis of pre-acceptance, acceptance, and dispatch samples of hazardous waste
- To complete all associated paperwork and records in regards to the pre-acceptance of waste.
Full training will be provided and successful candidates with be able to expand and develop the role in line with the business requirements. Ref: J8021