Senior Business Development Manager (Industrial Services)
Our client offers a range of waste management & specialised industrial services to the private and public sectors. A vacancy currently exists within the commercial team for a Senior Business Development Manager (BDM). Working under the guidance of the General Manager, the main objective for the Senior BDM is to promote the industrial services division as well as other business activities as and when the opportunities arise. This will incorporate sales/marketing activities to research and establish contacts to secure new business to help grow industrial services business whilst maintaining account management responsibilities to manage and develop the existing client database.
Main duties will include:
- Create and make initial contact with new sales leads to generate new business sales in accordance with agreed profit margins.
- Develop and maintain Customer Relationship Management of existing clients to ensure a continuing business relationship and explore avenues to grow business.
- Ensure effective and comprehensive Risk Assessments & Method Statements are produced and project manage complex jobs where services are provided by multiple divisions.
- Ensure effective feedback of industrial services through customer service surveys.
- Actively monitor competitor activities, products services and customer base.
- Keep personal knowledge of relevant legislation and market trends up to date.
- Liaise with the Sales & Marketing Manager on all sales and marketing activities.
- Produce monthly reports to the General Manager regarding current projects/contracts; sales pipeline to include potential as well as future projects/contracts/tenders; and competitor activities, products etc.
- Act as mentor/coach to other BDM’s