Technical Manager – Trade Effluent Plant
Our client, a leading facilities management company, is looking to recruit a Technical Manager to ensure the effective operation and maintenance of an effluent treatment plant. Based at a high profile customer’s site in the West Midlands, main duties will include:
- Controlling the effective running, maintenance and improvement of the effluent treatment facilities and tank farm
- Managing the running, cleaning and maintenance of the effluent treatment plant to ensure adequate capacity in the storage tanks at all times. In doing so the operator will be required to liaise with the customer to understand where and when capacities are required so that tank breaches and tankers are avoided.
- Monitoring storage tanks on a daily basis and feed back to the business any unrequested fluid drops or unexpected rises in fluids levels.
- Identifying any faults and taking the required actions/rectifications to avoid down time caused by failure of equipment relating to the trade effluent plant or tank farm.
- Performing planned and reactive maintenance to ensure effective operation of the effluent treatment plant
- Tank cleaning - to actively plan and control the cleaning/maintenance of all tanks in pre-treatment/effluent areas, following the laid down standards and procedures.
- Taking samples of effluent twice daily and presenting to the onsite laboratory for analysis. The laboratory will test against agreed consent limits for PH, COD and solids.
- Receiving laboratory reports and react appropriately to the results should consent limits be neared.
- Ensuring chemicals are handled, used and stored suitably and in accordance with any requirements of health and safety or environment protection.
- Ordering consumables and spare parts from the onsite stores as required for the effective operation of the effluent treatment plant
- Ensuring the segregation of different waste streams into the appropriate containers to maintain expected recycling and landfill diversion targets.
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards at all times throughout the trade effluent plant and other controlled areas
- Ensuring waste is collected from around the site and transferred to the waste storage compound in a professional and efficient manner.
- Carrying out site audits and organise staff on a day to day basis
Applications are invited from candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Recognised appropriate trade status:
- Qualifications in Mechanical engineering to City & Guilds or NVQ level 3.
- Wet process equipment
- Electrical skills such as: Panel wiring, installation, machinery fault finding etc.
- Boiler house skills such as: plumbing, welding, bench fitting, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe fitting etc.
- Understanding of environmental issues relating to industrial water discharge.
- Working knowledge of health and safety requirements in relation to the operation of the Trade Effluent Plant, including COSHH, working in confined spaces etc.
- Basic Computer skills : MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong customer/ client focused attitude
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team