Plant Maintenance Engineer
Our client is a leading provider of municipal, waste treatment and recovery services throughout the UK. A vacancy currently exists for a Plant Maintenance Manager to be based at one of the company’s largest waste treatment facilities in the South East.
Main duties will include:
- Communicate frequently with personnel, providing guidance, feedback and motivation
- Recruit and retain personnel with necessary skills to carry out the plant maintenance duties
- Directly manage the performance of M&E maintenance technicians, the instrumentation and control (I&C) technicians, cleaning labours and truck drivers
- Introduce the 5s methodology
- Accountable for maintenance of plant equipment and facilities.
- Execute an effective predictive and preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Maintain all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedule needed repair to have minimum interference.
- Recommend modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs.
- Responsible for the efficient maintenance of all plant transportation equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining Maintenance tools and equipment.
- Responsible for Plant building maintenance and repair.
- Develop an annual budget that will adequately provide for required Maintenance activities. Review and report monthly on performance against budget.
- Responsible for employee development, safety and discipline.
Essential characteristics include:
- Must possess a balance of the technical, human relations and conceptual skills required to achieve results through subordinate supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Computer literate
- Understand equipment repair manuals, codes and regulations.
- Ability to produce understandable and accurate reports and records.
- Must have record of positive work performance and safety record.
- Ability to perform work independently.
- History of being dependable and reliable with good organization skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours when needed.