Site Chemist (Transfer)
Our client offers a range of waste management and specialised Industrial Services to the private and public sectors. A vacancy currently exists for an experienced Site Chemist to work on-site at the Company's hazardous waste transfer station. Key responsibilities will include:
- The safe running of the transfer station, managing the intakes and reception with a high degree of attention to safety, compliance, housekeeping, throughput and productivity.
- Assist the senior site chemist in the management of the operational process, maintaining and improve safety, environmental and quality standards.
- Achieve agreed production targets and meet customer service requirements. Providing technical advice as required to the plant and wider business.
- Ensure that the operational activity meets the business growth in transfer station activity with a focus on transfer;
- Up to 7+ loads per day of packaged waste
- Loads are received, sorted and repacked as required.
- Labels are accurate, clearly displayed. Old markings are removed.
Applications are invited from candidates with the following:
- A degree level in chemistry or related discipline
- High levels of numeracy, literacy and experience with computer based word processing and spreadsheet programmes
- Good communication and team building skills
- Effective planning skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Knowledge of relevant Environmental Legislation and Permit conditions
- Valid driving licence.